A note from the Creator Biplove Belwal
Zeitgeist comes from German philosophy, meaning “spirit of the times”, an invisible force dominating the characteristics of a given epoch in world history.
Our world is beset with disruptions- whether driven by geopolitical, technological or natural forces, the spirit of the times- Zeitgeist for businesses seems to be customer experience. In a world that is increasingly blurring the boundaries between space and time, between real and virtual- Customer Experience will separate winners from and losers.
Many businesses have already sprinted ahead, others are sitting on the fence- evaluating, analysing, waiting, debating and many are blissfully unaware as this Zeitgeist sweeps thru.
I am trying to capture the Zeitgeist through a series of dialogues between two characters. I have created Mr Dino(saur) the boss, a master of intellectual gymnastics and Mr Mobi(liser), the reportee, who is always brimming with fresh ideas. Just the two of them and their endless scuffles – Old School versus the New! They discuss tactics, strategies, philosophies, successes, failures, ideas, hashtags- everything that is our Zeitgeist!
Meet the Characters
MR. MOBI – JUNIOR
- Mobi is a junior level executive, and has an excellent education pedigree. His mandate is to drive new initiatives in his organization.
- Mobi is a mobilizer: He brings in new ideas through his network, researches emerging trends and is very thorough with his proposals– “Master, let’s go for it now. The future is promised to no one”
- Mobi is polite, defers to power, overleveraged financially and so needs to keep his job.
- Innovative 85% 85%
- Confidence 50% 50%
- Ambitious 90% 90%
- Inquisitive 100% 100%
MR. DINO – SENIOR
- Dino is an experienced senior manager, and a conservative decision maker “Itself a decision, not taking a decision is”
- He has learnt the ways of the business the hard way. Because he has been around in this organization for a long time and has been moderately successful, he is fiercely protective about his turf. He is sceptical about new ideas and new generation of “tech-obsessed noobs”
- Dino greatly overestimates his understanding of the world, so much so that he has his own distinct diction.
- Conservative 90% 90%
- Dominant 95% 95%
- Confidence 95% 95%
- Risk Tolerance 30% 30%
Snippets from the Corporate Realm
(please click on the images to enlarge)
Published on: 22/7/2020
Read Industry Views on this edition of Zeitgeist (Link: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/biplove_contactlesscommerce-customerexperience-bouncebackbetter-activity-6691565887188803584-x3St )
Read More on The Third place (Link: https://www.reciproci.com/project/contactless-commerce-2/)
Published on: 1/7/2020
Read Industry Views on this edition of Zeitgeist ( Link:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/biplove_thethirdplace-greatlockdown-contactlesscommerce-activity-6684021296310820864-9y_J)
Read More on The Third place (Link: https://www.reciproci.com/project/the-third-place-could-it-be-malls/)
Published on: 19/5/2020
Read Industry Views on this edition of Zeitgeist ( Link: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6668359768727539712)
Read More on Feeding Your Enemy (Link: https://www.reciproci.com/cloud-kitchens-the-next-big-thing/)